American roads

N-skale-moduler enligt Fremo:s americaN-standard enligt amerikansk förebild
Användarvisningsbild
daniel

Re: American roads

Inlägg av daniel »

Är det någon som har koll på hur långa mittstrecken bör vara? Alltså på vägar där man inte har heldragen mittlinje.

Med vänlig hälsning
Daniel
Användarvisningsbild
MickeC
Kontakt:

Inlägg av MickeC »

daniel skrev:Är det någon som har koll på hur långa mittstrecken bör vara? Alltså på vägar där man inte har heldragen mittlinje.

Med vänlig hälsning
Daniel
Mycket bra fråga, jag har letat och konstaterat att fokus på bilder definitivt inte är på mittlinjerna ;)
//Micke C - Mikael Carlsson
VMJF - FREMO
Hökerum som N-RE
Crawford Valley i americaN
Användarvisningsbild
Sunesson

Inlägg av Sunesson »

Ca. 8 mm tyckte jag blev lagom. Hur det är i verkligheten kvettar la?
Thomas Sunesson
Användarvisningsbild
ArneL

Inlägg av ArneL »

Efter en snabb titt på satelitbild i Google Maps ser det ut att vara ca 10 fot långa med ca 30 fot mellanrum. Jag har då jämfört med bilar på vägarna.

Vid highway på- och avfarter finns kortare streck (precis som här).

Över lag god upplösning, så det är bara att spana vidare för den som vill.

/A
-----------------
/Arne Larsson
Användarvisningsbild
MickeC
Kontakt:

Inlägg av MickeC »

Dagens kioskvältare ;)

historisk överblick...

En hel del och läsa, dessutom referenser till styrande dokument... Kanske dags att instifta en professur i vägmarkering för MJ :)

Ett snabbt konstaterande är att förebildsfoto i färg vore tacksamt!
VMJF - FREMO
Hökerum som N-RE
Användarvisningsbild
MickeC
Kontakt:

Inlägg av MickeC »

Och den som söker skola finna mutcd, äldre skannade

Det förlösande är MUTCD, Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices. Med rätt sökord blir allt lättare...
VMJF - FREMO
Hökerum som N-RE
Användarvisningsbild
daniel

Inlägg av daniel »

Saxat från 1961 års MUTCD, part 2 markings:

2A-7 Types of Lines
A broken line shall be used for the center lines on two-lane rural roads and for lane lines, where these lines are only guide lines that may be crossed at the discretion of the driver. Center lines are of great importance for the guidance of drivers and to help separate traffic proceeding in opposite directions. On twolane rural roads these objectives can be satisfactorily accomplished, with economy, by the use of broken lines. Similarly, lane lines which help keep vehicles traveling in the same direction in their proper lateral positions should be marked by broken lines.

A broken line, with segments and gaps well proportioned, is as effective as a solid line for guide purposes. The standard ratio of stripe to gap is 3 to 5. On rural highways, a commonly used
standard is 15-foot segments with 25-foot gaps. However, on mountain or other roads with many short-radius curves, 9-foot segments with 15-foot gaps will maintain better continuity, particularly where maintenance patching occasionally eliminates a line segment. In the application of a given gallonage of paint per mile, such relatively short segments (9 to 15 feet) will give a better line than if longer segments, with correspondingly longer gaps, are used.

On urban streets the line segments and gaps may be considerably reduced in length but the 3 to 5 ratio of stripe to gap should be maintained.

High-speed striping machines have been constructed that are capable of repainting broken lines accurately and neatly.

A broken line permits a saving of more than 60 percent in the amount of paint required, as compared with a solid line, with little or no increase in the cost of application.

Solid white lines are used for guide lines where the line may not ordinarily be crossed at the discretion of the driver or where crossing of the line is to be discouraged. These include center lines on city streets, channelizing lines, pavement edge lines, and approach markings to obstructions which may be passed on either side. Transverse pavement lines are also solid white lines.

Solid yellow lines are used for guide or regulatory lines to the left of which it is unsafe or illegal to travel. Where a combination solid and broken line is used, the solid yellow, or barrier, line has significance only if it is on the right-hand side of the combination line, as viewed by the driver, i.e., in or adjacent to the traffic lane to which it applies.

2A-8 Width of lines
Center lines, lane lines, and barrier lines shall be 4 to 6 inches wide. The most common width is 4 inches, but 6-inch lines, favored by a number of highway departments, provide added
visibility. Narrower 3-inch lines have been used as a means of economizing in paint, but they are not recommended.

The width of a channelizing line (sec. 2B-15) may vary from the normal line width (4 to 6 inches) to a maximum of 12 inches, depending on the emphasis required.

Pavement edge lines shall be 2 to 4 inches wide.
Transverse lines on pavements must be much wider than longitudinal lines to be equally visible. Stop lines may have to be as wide as 24 inches where approach speeds are high.

För americaN
Rural highways: 15 fot linje, 25 fot mellanrum - 29 mm linje, 48 mm mellanrum
Rural highways in mountain area: 9 fot linje, 15 fot mellanrum - 17 mm linje, 29 mm mellanrum

Bredd på linjer: 4-6 tum - 0,6 - 1,0 mm
Med vänlig hälsning
Daniel
Användarvisningsbild
MickeC
Kontakt:

Inlägg av MickeC »

Då är det bara att sätta igång...

Sen kan det alltid finnas avvikelser lokalt för deltaten...
VMJF - FREMO
Hökerum som N-RE
Skriv svar

Återgå till "americaN"